In 2021, the Institut français seeks new ways to encourage the dialog between professionals across the world.
Digital Crossroads is a new online program which address professionals of the digital creation field internationally. It includes a year-round program (May 2021 – October 2021) of professional gatherings and constitutes an invitation to discover the richness of the French digital creation ecosystem by participating in major French events and professional meetings online.
This program is proposed in collaboration with French digital creation events and festivals, in the fields of immersive realities, media arts, digital mediation and cultural innovation : Les Ailleurs - The Elsewheres, Museum Connections, NewImages, the Annecy International Animation Film Festival, PiXii, Recto VRso/Laval Virtual, Cannes XR, Scopitone…
The Digital Crossroads program intends to promote the French digital creation and offers to put international professionals in contact with their French counterparts, in order to encourage bilateral collaborations, to spur the development of coproductions, to facilitate the export of French works and savoir-faire internationally and to enable these industries to access new international markets.
During the course of this program, participants are invited to attend online a series of French events which place digital cultures at the heart of their programming. They will also be offered the opportunity to meet individually with the French key actors of the French digital creation (artists, producers, broadcasters, festivals and cultural venues directors, etc.) thanks to one-to-one meetings.
Who can participate ?
INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL CREATION PROFESSIONALS:
The Digital Crossroads program addresses first the professionals of the digital creation field, currently working for established cultural institutions renowned in international networks.
Priority will be given to professionals seeking to further their knowledge of the French cultural and artistic scene, who are in capacity to invite international artists in their institution’s programming and those who seek to strengthen long term collaborations with French venues and artists.
Profiles of professionals addressed by this program include the following:
- Directors and curators of cultural institutions, museums, art centers, art galleries...
- Directors and programmers of festivals and large-scale public events which place a strong emphasis on digital creation contents (i.e “White Nights” events, etc.)
- Producers seeking for international coproduction opportunities
- Public policy makers in charge of cultural and touristic urban facilities which include a strong digital creation component
- Distributors / editors / managers of digital creation catalogues (media arts, video games, XR…)
- Representatives of higher education institutions or universities which include media arts and digital creation curricula
REPRESENTATIVES FROM THE FRENCH CULTURAL NETWORK ABROAD:
Representatives from the French cultural network abroad (cultural services of French Embassies, Instituts français, Alliances françaises) are also invited to attend the Digital Crossroads program, to reinforce the knowledge of the French digital creation scene and to better accompany the participating professionals from their country of residence.
FRENCH DIGITAL CREATION PROFESSIONALS:
French digital creation professionals, with projects or expertise with a potential for international distribution, or looking for international partners or co-producers, are invited to register on the dedicated platform in order to highlight their structure and/or their projects and get in touch with international professionals.
Join us on a dedicated platform
The Digital Crossroads participants will be able to access online to :
- Partner festivals and events, with exclusive contents and VIP events
- A diversity of resources presenting the French works: artists portfolios, interviews, virtual tours and online experiences
- A broad list of contacts gathering French and international professionals who evolve in the field of digital creation
- An online platform to exchange directly and organize one-to-one meetings.
The program is based on an à la carte proposition, where participants can register to attend all or part of the proposed sequences, according to their areas of interest and availabilities.
NB : Participants who will be in capacity to travel to France for in-person attendance to the events will be offered special participation conditions and assistance in the planning of their trip.
Professionals interested in joining the program are invited to submit a participation request on the dedicated event platform prior to April 25th, 2021 :
Access to certain events of the Digital Crossroads programs may be limited according to ticket availability. The selection will be made by the Institut français in Paris, the French cultural network abroad and their partners.
All the information pertaining to the program will be regularly updated.
For questions pertaining to the online registration please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the program :
- Step 1 : Please register on the dedicated Digital Crossroads platform (registration button hereunder).
- Step 2 : At the end of the registration process, you will be required to create an account on the platform. Please confirm the creation of your account upon receipt of the automatic email.
- Once your registration is confirmed by the Institut français, you will receive an email notification. You will then be able to discover the Digital Crossroads program, the events and contents included and start exchanging online in the dedicated "Networking" section!
- The program will begin in May 2021, however, you may already discover the first contents available and start exchanging as of today.
Scopitone FestivalHybrid event: online and on-siteFranceFrom 8 September 2021 to 19 September 2021
PiXii FestivalHybrid event: online and on-siteFranceFrom 21 June 2021 to 24 June 2021
Annecy International Animation Film FestivalHybrid event: online and on-siteFranceFrom 14 June 2021 to 19 June 2021
Cannes XRHybrid event: online and on-siteCannesFrom 9 June 2021 to 17 July 2021
NewImages FestivalHybrid event : online and on-siteParisFrom 9 June 2021 to 13 June 2021
Les Ailleurs - The ElsewheresHybrid event: online and on-siteParisFrom 21 May 2021 to 11 July 2021
Museum ConnectionsHybrid event: online and on-siteParisFrom 20 May 2021 to 4 November 2021
Recto VRso/Laval VirtualHybrid event: online and on-siteFranceFrom 14 April 2021 to 11 July 2021