The Cultural Services of the French Embassy and FACE Foundation, in partnership with UniFrance, the Institut Français, the CNC, with support from Florence Gould Foundation and Air France, launched this program in 2018 to support producers and creators of VR projects and immersive experiences including 360 videos, augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR or XR), video games, location-based VR projects and art projects involving new technologies.
French Immersion brings French creators or producers to the US on the occasion of a screening or presentation of their work during a significant festival or program identified by the Cultural Services team. The cancellation of on-site American festivals questions promotion and distribution models for immersive works (XR). In this context, investing more on the distribution of XR works on platforms and their online promotion is a way to adapt and to continue sharing high quality French immersive experiences.
In response to COVID-19, French Immersion launches two exceptional grants to support French producers and broadcasters. The purpose of these grants is to support the online distribution of French immersive works to the American public:
- A grant for the production of promotional videos to be broadcasted on VR platforms (Oculus, Steam…) and / or on social networks;
- A grant to promote an immersive experience on social networks or on content platforms to cover costs such as paid-posts, influencers.
The applications may concern works and experiences of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), 360° videos. Particular attention will be paid to the originality of the online promotion and distribution strategy.
More informations about French Immersion.
FR//XR: a handbook for immersive producers
Following a 10-month piloting period, French Immersion partners and Kaleidoscope are pleased to present a handbook for immersive producers, highlighting insights from some of the most influential voices of the XR industry. It aims to inspire immersive producers to fund and distribute their content in different ways, reaching out to new partners, and introducing new collaboration and sales strategies.
The handbook includes an overview of the VR market in the US, an analysis of business models for immersive media, practical recommendations how to expand to the US market, interviews with industry leaders and a useful map of key actors in the North American XR industry.
Nouvelles bourses French Immersion
Réalisation vidéos promotionnelles :
- Battlescar - Atlas V ;
- HanaHana - Fabbula ;
- MOA (My Own Assistant) - Red Corner ;
- OZ Experience - BackLight ;
- Call me Calamity - Tamanoir.
Promotion sur les réseaux sociaux et plateformes de contenus :
- Accused#2: Walter SISULU - La Générale de Production ;
- Bioluminescence, First Contact - IKO ;
- Le Cri - Cinétévé ;
- Les Falaises de V. - Gengiskhan Production ;
- Les Passagers - Les Produits Frais ;
- Madrid Noir - Atlas V ;
- I will sleep when I’m dead - Aurore Wils ;
- Kairos - Small Creative ;
- The Jellyfish - Fabbula ;
- Seven Grams - Lucid Realities.
- Atomu (Atlas V), Sundance
- Sex Buyers (Sonia Delhaye), Impact Reality Summit
- Space Out (Pierre Friquet), Sundance
- Solastalgia (Providence), Sundance
- The Key, Impact Reality Summit
- Out There, Cinequest
- Minimum Mass, TriBeca Film Festival
- -22,7°C (Zorba, Novelab), SXSW
- Accused No.2 : Walter Sisulu (La Générale de Prod), Tribeca
- Ayahuasca (Atlas V, Small Studio), Tribeca
- Eclipse (Backlight), SXSW, Cinequest
- Gloomy Eyes (Atlas V), Sundance
- Mechanical Souls (Digital Rise), Sundance, SXSW
- Seven Lives (Red Corner), Tribeca
- Vectronom (Les Martingales) SXSW
- A Fisherman's Tale (Innerspace VR), Filmgate Miami
- BattleScar (Atlas V), Tribeca Film Festival
- Bury me, my love (The Pixel Hunt), Games for Change Festival
- Firebird The Unfinished (InnerSpace VR), Tribeca Film Festival et Filmgate Miami
- Gauguin's inner journey (Innerspace VR), Filmgate Miami
- I Saw the Future VR (Innerspace VR), Colcoa
- Isle of the Dead (Les Produits Frais), Filmgate Miami
- Legacy (Les Produits Frais), Filmgate Miami
- PLAY! (DV Group), Future of Storytelling
- Summer (Bigger than Fiction), Filmgate Miami
- The Horrifically Real Virtuality (DV Group, Diversion), Future of Storytelling
- The Real Thing (ARTLINE FILMS), Future of Storytelling
- Vestige (Atlas V), Tribeca Film Festival