Before submitting an application, project leads are specifically asked:
1) to imperatively contact with the Institut français and with the cultural service of the French Embassy or lnstitut français or Alliance française in the country or countries concerned;
2) to state clearly in the application form if the project is also subject to a demand for financial support as part of the Institut français and French regional government partnership program.
Submission deadline: November 22, 2019
Selection committee: December, 2019
This program applies to:
- major events
- major contemporary art venues
- major performing arts and music venues
Aimed at events that offer the highest of profiles to the artistic teams invited, and attract a large number of international professionals and programmers to the event and to associated activities.
Priority will be given to:
- initiatives that result in a shared project, a tour, or event series with other partners from a country or a continent;
- initiatives that associate a production to another type of program: discussions, conference, professional seminar, interventions in schools or universities.
- for the current music and jazz fields, projects must be developed with the field in the countries concerned.
- for the visual arts / photography fields, payment to the artist (fees / royalties) is an obligatory prerequisite. It must be justified otherwise the Institut français’ financial support will be cancelled.
Eligible projects must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- present an artist or company in a country for the first time;
- bring together a significant number of French artists or living in France or French companies at a key moment;
- develop a strand of professional meetings, workshops, master classes, conferences with French artists present at the event.
This program is open to the following project leads:
- the French international cultural network (Embassies, Instituts français, Alliances françaises, specialist representatives);
- international institutions or cultural organizations;
- French institutions or cultural organizations with a specific French program devised with an international partner;
- an artist or company based in France, with a project devised with an international cultural organization;
- a French curator or art critic with a project devised with an international cultural organization.
This program applies to the following disciplines:
- Architecture, urbanism, landscape architecture; Performing arts, theatre, street theatre and puppetry, circus arts, dance, music and jazz, classical and contemporary music; Visual arts, digital arts, photography, design, artistic crafts, fashion; Cross-disciplinary projects.
ImageAide à projetMultidisciplinaryPartenariat Ville de Nantes / Institut françaisCall for applications openFrom 18 September 2020 to 30 October 2020
ImageProject supportMultidisciplinaryThe Franco-German Cultural FundCall for applications openFrom 11 September 2020 to 23 October 2020
ImageProject supportIndianoceanic mobility fundCall for applications openFrom 24 August 2020 to 24 August 2021