Before submitting an application, project leads are specifically asked:
1) to imperatively make contact with the Institut français and with the cultural service of the French Embassy or lnstitut français in the country or countries concerned;
2) to state clearly in the application form if the project is also subject to a demand for financial support as part of the Institut français and French regional government partnership program.
Submission deadline: November 18, 2019
A solo exhibition is a milestone in an artist's career, because it allows for the presentation of an entirely new work or a more comprehensive appreciation of a body of work. It promotes a better understanding of their work and greater recognition.
The solo show project could be supported for one or more venues.
It is desirable for the project to include one or more discussions/conferences/ master classes with the invited artist. This must be presented and detailed in the application file and will be considered during the study of the project.
Payment to the artist (fee/royalties) is an obligatory prerequisite. It must be justified otherwise the Institut français’ financial support will be cancelled.
This program is open to the following project leads:
- international institutions or cultural organizations;
- French institutions or cultural organizations;
- French artists or living in France (metropolitan or ultramarine) or curators with an exhibition project devised with one or more international cultural partners.
This program applies to the following disciplines:
- Digital arts, visual arts, design, fashion, photography.