La Fabrique Cinéma
Thanks to this programme, young directors and producers can benefit from support tailored to their specific project and level of professional experience.
Once selected in March, they are then advised by a personal coach who helps them to identify their needs (rewriting, co-production, distribution, targeted territories, etc.) and develop a programme of targeted meetings with professionals who are in a position to co-finance their project.
BE ACTIVE IN THE INDUSTRY AND DEVELOP A PROFESSIONAL NETWORK
The young directors are trained to pitch with an expert, they attend presentations by professionals on themes related to production and the industry (international sales, co-productions schemes, forums and co-production networks, etc.) and meet professionals from key sectors of the international film industry.
EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE AT THE CANNES FESTIVAL AND IN THE FILM INDUSTRY
During working sessions, the young directors can interact with the event’s sponsor, a major internationally recognised director.
They enjoy privileged access to the Cannes’ selections (Official Selection, Critics’ Week, Directors’ Fortnight, ACID, Cinéfondation) and major professional events, and participate in the Marché du Film programmes (Producers Network, etc.). Finally, they have the opportunity to meet the French and international press, all supervised by a dedicated press officer.
Contributors supervise the invited directors and producers, so they can identify the meetings required for each project and advise the teams.
PARTNERSHIPS WITH FESTIVALS, LABS AND RESIDENCES
For several years, the Institut Français' Fabrique Cinéma has been committed to strengthening support for writing and development projects through partnerships:
- Atelier Grand Nord, French-speaking writing residence, with Sodec (Quebec),
- All-in-person meeting, French-speaking writing residence, with Agence Film Réunion,
- Realness, a pan-African writing residence based in South Africa, with Urucu Media,
- Ouaga Film Lab, platform and co-production workshop for West Africa, with Generation Films,
- Medalants, writing residence for Mediterranean film-makers,
- Pan-African writing residence for the documentary of Fidadoc.
Particular attention paid to French-speaking projects on the African continent.