The program activities are structured around 4 main objectives:
- To develop, coordinate and strengthen a network of Southeast European professionals cooperating with their French peers,
- Facilitate the presence and visibility of the French performances and France-based artists, in order to enable the professional encounters and establishment of comprehensive relations
- Encourage cooperation, coproductions and exchanges between France-based professionals and their peers from South East Europe.
- Strengthen the capacities of the professionals and artists in the South East Europe.
The coordination of the program is entrusted to the French Institute of Serbia, which is performing this mission in close cooperation with other French institutes from the region.
Program operates in the following manner:
- By providing the France-based companies and artists with a contact list of program partners operating in the South-East Europe. This list is made available upon request and presentation of the project.
- By keeping the regional partners up to date with the new tendencies on the French contemporary scene
- By organizing, in close cooperation with partners and in consultation with each Cultural Attaché of the regional countries concerned, professional meetings that allow actors in the region to discuss their practices and questions related to the performing arts (cultural policies, aesthetics, sector development, cultural mediation…). These professional meetings also present an opportunity for participants to discover new works and artists.
- By inviting the professionals from South East Europe, selected by local cultural attachés, to festivals and showcases organized in France or in the region, in order to present them new performances and artists
- By financially supporting the mobility of artists and their works
- By fostering and financially supporting the activities related to capacity building, artistic workshops and masterclasses
- By encouraging and financially supporting the coproductions and cooperations between France-based artists and institutions on one hand, and regional scenes on the other hand.
If you are a France-based companylooking for the partners in South-East Europe for one of your projects, please contact us and send us a short description of your project, in order to receive the list with contacts of our regular collaborators :
- Please contact the French institute in Paris, the cultural attaché in the country of your interest and the French institute in Serbia - program TEATROSKOP.
If you are an organization/institution based in South-East Europe, planning to host or to organize a tour of a French performance in the region :
- Click here to find out about our Call for projects – Tour grants
- If you didn’t manage to submit your project through this call, please contact us directly to check if there is still a possibility to obtain TEATROSKOP support.
Do you want to participate at a professional showcase session in France or assist a performance presented in the region with the support of Teatroskop?
Do you want to take part in or organize a workshop or a meeting for the professionals in your country or in the region
- Please contact the cultural attaché of the French institute in your country and the French institute in Serbia – Teatroskop to present your project.
Tanja Gavrilovic / TEATROSKOP
Catherine Faudry / Institut français de Serbie
Sébastien Bris / Institut français Paris
The program is open to various forms of performing arts: theatre, dance, circus, puppetry and street performance. From 2020 to 2022, the priority shall be given to touring and cooperation projects in the field of contemporary circus, contemporary dance, puppetry and programs oriented towards young audiences.
TEATROSKOP operates in the South-East Europe and takes into account the vast cultural diversity of this region. The South-East Europe is considered in a broad sense and includes following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey
ImageProject supportIndianoceanic mobility fundCall for applications openFrom 14 September 2021 to 31 January 2022
ImageProject supportMultidisciplinarySupport for cultural operators from Africa and the CaribbeanCall for applications openFrom 15 September 2021 to 29 October 2021
ImageProject supportMultidisciplinaryRelance ExportCall for applications openFrom 1 September 2021 to 29 October 2021
ImageMultidisciplinaryThe 2022 call for applications of the residencies programme of the Institut français at the Cité internationale des arts is open
ImageMultidisciplinaryThe 2021 Recipients of La Fabrique des Résidences
ImageMultidisciplinaryVilla Albertine, a new residency programme in the United States