The Villa Kujoyama
Resident artists are asked to establish working relationships with the professional, academic, artistic and cultural environments of Kyoto, the Kansai region and the archipelago as a whole. To do this, they can rely on the Villa team and the French cultural network in Japan which in addition to the Villa includes the 5 Japanese branches of the Institut français (Fukuoka, Kyoto, Osaka, Tokyo, Yokohama), 4 Alliances Françaises (Nagoya, Sendo, Sendai, Tospin) and a Research Institute (Tokyo).
The Villa Kujoyama is an establishment of the Institut français of Japan. It is supported by the Bettencourt Schueller Foundation, which is its main sponsor, and the Institut français.
Next call for applications
The schedule for the next call for applications for the Villa Kujoyama will be announced at a later date depending on the evolution of the health situation in France and Japan.
The Villa Kujoyama offers three distinct programmes
a French or foreign candidate residing in France for at least 5 years presents a research and creation project.
two French or foreign candidates residing in France for at least 5 years present a joint project.
a French or foreign candidate who has been residing in France for at least 5 years in collaboration with a Japanese candidate residing in Japan presents a joint project.
- urban planning
- street arts
- circus / puppets
- digital arts / digital production
- visual arts
- comics / graphic novels
- film / video art
- criticism and curation
- dance / performance
- design / graphic design
- classical music / contemporary music / new music / jazz
- Alexandru BALGIU - Design / Graphisme
- Boris BERGMANN – Littérature
- Quentin COULON et Ombline LEY - Cinéma / Vidéo
- Bady DALLOUL - Arts plastiques
- Sébastien DESPLAT - Métiers d'art
- Sandrine ELBERG - Photographie
- Ludivine GRAGY - Architecture / Paysage
- Louise HERVE et Clovis MAILLET - Arts plastiques
- Krikor KOUCHIAN - Musique
- Yuko OSHIMA - Musique
- Natacha POUTOUX et Sacha HOURCADE - Design
- Philippe ROUY - Cinéma
- Teddy SANCHES - Mode
- Karin SCHLAGETER - Commissariat d'exposition
- Julie VACHER - Création numérique
- Céline WRIGHT - Métiers d'art
ImageArchitectureVisual artsPhotographyOpening of the call for applications for the residencies program of the Institut français at the Cité internationale des arts
ImageTheatreDiscover the projects supported in 2022 by the Commission Internationale du Théâtre Francophone
ImageDesignCraftNAFAS: new recipients in arts and crafts